Patrick

TeamSpeak Client 3.1

The roll-out for TeamSpeak 3.1 has started and comes with a major change introducing the Sync feature MyTeamSpeak. This will prevent you from losing your Identity and allowing you to sync, addons, bookmarks and identities across multiple devices. 

You will also be able to install addons via MyTeamSpeak's website: https://www.myteamspeak.com/

Before you upgrade to 3.1 if prompted, (Please note they are rolling this out in a staggered format which means you may not get it soon) I would highly recommend you take a backup/export of your TeamSpeak Identity to ensure you do not lose it. (It may be unlikely this will happen but I would personally recommend it so you don't lose your server groups and ranking.)

If you are interested in finding out what changes in TeamSpeak 3.1 you can read about it here: http://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/128756-TeamSpeak-3-Client-3-1-0-released-Staged?p=440272#post440272

Please note these are beta change logs and there are multiple changes in the client.  Full release notes out now.

MyTeamSpeak:

The MyTeamSpeak service requires you to create a login and verify your email, this is required for you to use the sync feature and will be promoted to you on startup with 3.1 being installed. If you do not receive your verification email give it a few mins and ensure you regularly check your spam folder in case it has gone into there. 

MyTeamSpeak is NOT required in anyway to use our server at the current time and likely will never be a requirement to join. If you don't want to sign up then you don't have to. I would however recommend that you do so that your identity is synced across devices and would be re-synced if you re-installed TeamSpeak, this would also ensure you keep your ranking on our server. 

We will eventually force 3.1 as a client requirement in the future, but we have no date in plan for this so far and you will be given plenty of notice to when this will take effect. This will all depend on how stable 3.1 is and any possible issues encountered. 

If you have any questions, please let me know. You can either reply here, PM me on the forums or TeamSpeak.

• Like 1

If you lose your Bookmarks, Identities & Settings according to TeamSpeak you can restore these:

You can get your Bookmarks, identities and settings back. Plugins need to be updated manually from you and isn't bug.
The client did create a backup of your bookmarks, identities and settings etc.
- Stop the client.
- Go into your config folder %appdata%/TS3client.
- Now rename the settings.db to something else.
- You should see a settings.db_pre-sync.... and ts3clientui_qt.secrets.conf.bak
- Make a copy of both files.
- Now rename the copies to settings.db and ts3clientui_qt.secrets.conf.
- Start the client

I'm sorry but "prevent you from losing your ID"... well, would've helped before!

In all though i thinks it's certainly a decent update and shows that the devs are still paying attention to Teamspeak :)

Edited by Rallbot
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Rallbot said:

I'm sorry but "prevent you from losing your ID"... well, would've helped before!

If you had of asked myself or any other member of staff we would have helped you do this. 

39 minutes ago, Rallbot said:

In all though i thinks it's certainly a decent update and shows that the devs are still paying attention to Teamspeak :)

Indeed it is, from what I've heard through other people who are in the know there are a lot of feature to span from this and from my personal perspective I can see a lot that they can create from here.