Patrick

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Hey!

Another year has passed here at Enigma! 

Enigma has continued to develop this year at a similar pace to the years before, new features being developed and again this year a new website. One of the most notable changes would be the new forums which were released in February this year and have heavily changed since they were initially migrated over. After a few teething issues everything is now working and looks much better. The website was redeveloped to match the forums, giving a more consistent feel and just have better performance. This has drastically improved the usability on mobile devices and other resolutions as well as being easier to navigate. 

This year's biggest goal was general improvements and I feel that this has been met, mainly on the side that you don't see. These are features for the staff team that we have to help you with any issues that you may encounter. I continue to develop and improve staff's life so that they can give you a better support experience and faster resolution times on certain issues, albeit they may sometimes need to contact myself for help or advice. 

Talking about staff does lead me to bring up a tough topic and this is abuse towards me and other staff members. We're constantly receiving abuse from people we attempt to help, some of which being quite outrageous and the brunt of it coming towards me. This can range from general abuse to serious threats. If you or a friend has been banned and you're a little annoyed at the fact, talk to us politely and we'll be more willing to resolve the matter calmly. Throwing abuse at us will not lead to a good resolution as my staff are volunteers and are not paid to deal with abuse. We run this TeamSpeak to provide you with a free service, not for profit.

Now back to the happy stuff! 

In 2017 I'm aiming to update existing features, the main being a complete overhaul of the icons system to improve the usability and features provided. This won't be a small task and will require a lot of work to be done by myself as this has to be juggled with personal life, work and other tasks that are more urgent. I'm also aiming to complete the Channel Manager early in the year to add the few missing features and move it from a beta to a full release. If you have any suggestions for updates, new features or anything that would improve your general use of the TeamSpeak; please do let me know. I will consider anything that is possible and will have a good impact. 

The next thing on the schedule is a dedicated server migration for the actual server that hosts the TeamSpeak; this is unfortunately due to the impact of the falling value of the GBP due to the outcome of the UK Referendum on it's EU membership. This has unfortunately caused our datacentre to have to increase costs by 20% for this server which is already a significant amount due to the DDOS protection that comes with it. I'm aiming to do this with as little downtime as possible and to do it very early in the morning when the least amount of people would be affected. Previous experiences have taught me downtime could only be 5-10 mins but it could be longer depending on unexpected issues. Keep an eye out for any announcements relating to the planned migration. These will be posted once everything is put in place.

I'd just like to take a moment to thank everyone who has donated this year allowing us to continue to provide the service and features that we do. Without your support we would not exist! Of course a big thanks to the staff team that helps me keep everything running smoothly and allowing me to leave the house without coming back to everything on fire!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Regards,

Patrick

• Like 2

Well thanks for hosting this server so efficiently! I don't know what else i'd do without it, would probably be on Discord, Skype or some other third world program instead!

Thanks @Patrick :D

Edited by Rallbot