Patrick

Donation Tiers

2 minutes ago, Chris P. Bacon said:

good idea to have this, but more tieres should be put in placee so you can bypass all channel passwords and stuff

IMO most donation tiers should not give users access to join other people channel.
As I understand right now, the premium you get in return for donating is to give you* som perks.

If people have any business to be done in a channel, they'll take contact to the owner/administrator.

There's probably a password on channels for a reason.

* - and users of your channel

4 minutes ago, SH00X said:

IMO most donation tiers should not give users access to join other people channel.
As I understand right now, the premium you get in return for donating is to give you* som perks.

If people have any business to be done in a channel, they'll take contact to the owner/administrator.

There's probably a password on channels for a reason.

* - and users of your channel

i can get where you are coming from but rules can be implemented for this so if they dont have any business in the channel they are not allowed in it, this may be a good idea and may not be a good idea

31 minutes ago, Chris P. Bacon said:

good idea to have this, but more tieres should be put in placee so you can bypass all channel passwords and stuff

This feature would never be useful.

If you want to join someone's channel, then you can get the password from them.

This feature would allow people to join channels in which they are not welcome, lowering the overall user experience for the users who have to deal with unwanted people joining their channels.

1 hour ago, IzaakBH said:

This feature would allow people to join channels in which they are not welcome, lowering the overall user experience for the users who have to deal with unwanted people joining their channels.

I can also see this leading to Trolls attempting to strong-arm me into allowing them to troll at the risk of charge backs, which for this sole reason would never happen. 

1 hour ago, Patrick said:

I can also see this leading to Trolls attempting to strong-arm me into allowing them to troll at the risk of charge backs, which for this sole reason would never happen. 

i see what you mean but by changing a couple of permissions and changing the channels that no one is welcome to to be max family users changed to limited 0

3 hours ago, IzaakBH said:

This feature would never be useful.

If you want to join someone's channel, then you can get the password from them.

also this is possible for certain areas if you know what you are doing with teamspeak, the troll bit you cant really do about since it happens all the time but if this does happen i recommend getting that teir to not be cheap if you get what i mean

11 minutes ago, Chris P. Bacon said:

i see what you mean but by changing a couple of permissions and changing the channels that no one is welcome to to be max family users changed to limited 0

also this is possible for certain areas if you know what you are doing with teamspeak, the troll bit you cant really do about since it happens all the time but if this does happen i recommend getting that teir to not be cheap if you get what i mean

IMO It's a lot of hassel for something I don't see useful. Maybe if you explained the end-user benefits? :)

I've run my fair share of teamspeak servers, mostly for ARMA 3 Life & Milsim communities.

It theory your suggestion it sounds like a idea that could work. But from my experience opening up private channels for a large portion of a community, is a bad idea.

Mainly because there's a few(sometimes many) that ruins it for the rest.

A lot of the times it's not actually trolls but just casual members, who gets a little heated up and decides to jump in their channel and verbally confront other members. 

Edited by SH00X

I would never want to have to make it so that people have to set this just to stop the possibility of trolls joining them. 

I know what I'm doing with TeamSpeak, hence why I'm never going to consider this idea. Even with it being ridiculously expensive; it only takes one person to cause issues by trolling/causing to then get banned and issue charge-backs against us. 

1 minute ago, SH00X said:

A lot of the times it's not actually trolls but just casual members, who gets a little heated up and decides to jump in their channel and verbally confront other members. 

This describes it perfectly.