Sign in to follow this  
Rallbot

Getting an Upgrade.

So its finalised, I'm not gonna have this crappy laptop anymore, I've after 3.5 years managed to upgrade to a pretty decent pc :D Here are the rough specs, i'll update them in my profile info or something soon: Intel I5 4th gen quad cor(r!) 3.5ghz (turbo 3.9) (unlocked), 2x4gb ddr3 corsair vengeance pro red 1600mhz (will add more), gigabyte geforce GTX950 2gb, an Asus Z97-P MB, comes with le windows 10 updated w/ all drivers since right now :D Thats the basic parts at least. (plus the title was supposed to be a reference to a  Borderlands 2 mission, i soon found out it was a minecraft achievement. sigh*)

Ah, turns out on the website I ordered it from theres a section that does list all my specs :P

But I shall just upgrade parts in the future as i need to (of course) And i look forward to playing games I've waited to and some i haven't for years (arma 2 = bae)

Thermaltake Versa H22 Tower Case With Side Window USB3 Black Interior12cm Fan

Intel Core i5-4690K 3.50GHz Quad Core Processor - Unlocked

Asus Z97-P Intel Z97 (Socket 1150) DDR3 ATX Motherboard

Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Kit (CMY8GX3M2A1600C9R)

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 950 XTREME GAMING 2GB Graphics Card

LG 24x DVD-RW SATA Optical Disc Drive Tray Loading with M-Disc Support OEM Black

1TB Seagate Barracuda SATA III Hard Drive

Thermaltake Smart SE 530W 80+ Bronze Efficiency Modular PSU 14cm Fan AFPC ATX2.3

Windows 10 Home 64-bit Operating System - DVD

TP Link TL-WN881ND 300Mbps Wireless N PCI Express Adapter

Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Evo "High Performance, 3 Direct Contact Heat Pipes, Universal CPU Cooler" Black Fan

Corsair Air Series SP120 LED White 120mm Case Fan

I'll agree with Pat, if you haven't bought the build yet 970 is a tad more money but will definitely be worth it in the long run.

Edited by aestheticbreadsticks

2 minutes ago, aestheticbreadsticks said:

I'll agree with Pat, if you haven't bought the build yet 970 is a tad more money but will definitely be worth it in the long run.

Apparently he's already bought it according to @EnglishBen but at least he can upgrade at a later date! 

• Like 1

Just now, Patrick said:

Apparently he's already bought it according to @EnglishBen but at least he can upgrade at a later date! 

In which case, there's always the option of selling it at a later date and contributing the money towards an upgrade in years to come whenever the gtx 1080 is released.

2 minutes ago, aestheticbreadsticks said:

In which case, there's always the option of selling it at a later date and contributing the money towards an upgrade in years to come whenever the gtx 1080 is released.

Exactly, I recently got myself a 980Ti it will be ripped to shreds by next gen but still amazing compared to my GTX 770. 

2 minutes ago, EnglishBen said:

It certainly is a huge upgrade from an old laptop, welcome to the PC Master Race brother

Definitely :D 

1 minute ago, Rallbot said:

Yes Patritia, i have bought it.

What did you just call me? :o

1 minute ago, EnglishBen said:

It certainly is a huge upgrade from an old laptop, welcome to the PC Master Race brother

Cheers, my other mates have gone on without me this whole time. lol

1 minute ago, Patrick said:

Exactly, I recently got myself a 980Ti it will be ripped to shreds by next gen but still amazing compared to my GTX 770. 

Definitely :D 

What did you just call me? :o

hehe [insert smug face]