Sign in to follow this  
Patrick

CSGO Tournament?

Hello,

At Enigma-Gaming, we're always looking to improve and do new things for our community of users. We've previously run a small League of Legends tournament which went rather well and we're now considering running a small CS:GO Tournament. Before we start planning and setting everything up, we have a few questions that we would like to have your feedback on.

1. What are some rules you would like to see enforced?

2. How many games would you like to be run at one time?

3. Would you like the game(s) streamed on Twitch with/without a shout-caster? (If anyone is interested in shout-casting please let me know)

4. What mount and across what duration of time would you like to see these games run?

5. Would you rather this be run at 64/128 tick?

If you have any thing else to add, please do reply below letting us know.

The tournament would be a best of 1, NO toxicity would be allowed towards your opponents.

For this FIRST Tournament, there will be NO prizes as this will be a trial and we are expecting to make mistakes and this is the reason we will not be doing any prizes for this tournament only.

Regards,

Patrick

1. Obviously no cheating

2. Maximum of 3

3. I would like the games to be streamed :D

4. The duration would be decided by the amount of teams

5. 128 tick

You could have a 1v1 tournament aswell, like 1v1 map tournament :)

Thanks Patrick

1. Depending on the amount of teams, i would enforce the rules they enforce in tournaments like the ESL. So 35 second Bombtimer etc.

2. Id say 2, as many ppl want to see specific teams play etc. This should also depend on the amount of teams.

3. Of course it should be streamed, and of course with commentary. I dont really know a good enough shoutcaster though and my mapknowledge is prohibited to D2 and Mirage :D

4. Depending on how many Teams, maybe half a day in total with 10 minute breaks in between the games and so on.

5. If we run a tournament, we better do it right... 128 Tick definatelly!

If anyone is interested in restreams i think we could find some ppl that restream it in their respective Language. I could provide a german restream and im pretty sure the others could do the same for their languages.

Of course these all are things the more professionally set up tournaments have but trying to achieve something big is always a good step towards more people watching and eventuall wanting more.

Mit Freundlichen Grüßen, Dark // Nils :D

1. No cheating and ESL format with 35 second bomb time and 1:35 round time etc.

2. 1 to 2 depending on how many streams can be up at once.

3. Streamed with shoutcast.

4. Depending on how many teams a day and a half or a full day with 5-10 min breaks.

5. 128 tick

Signed: MLGDankSquad420 channel xoxo

Edited by Guest

1 - I would say many of the rules from ESL should apply. Basic things like no cheating, screen shots of map wins/draws/loses and demo's on request. On the following link you can see the quick rules list which should be helpful. Ignore anti-cheat but many of the other should be applicable to our tournaments and games :).

http://www.esl.eu/eu/emsone/rulebook/

2 - This should be completely dependent on how many teams we are having and what kind of tournament we are having. For example if we are having 16 teams we should break the teams down into seeded groups of 4 and let them play it out in BO1 format - obviously the two teams that come top of the group based on wins will progress and the other 2 losers will be out of the tournament. Then we move onto BO3's between the 8 teams that have made it through to the next stage of the tournament - obviously the team that wins 2 maps out of them 3 wins the game and moves onto the semi finals. As you can see this pattern is repeated until the final where you could have a BO3 of even a BO5 if you want to make it longer. However I do not believe this is a great idea for a community based event so I would suggest doing things differently. For example having lower level teams fall into a lower bracket rather than kicking them completely out of the tournament - giving the lower level teams a chance to compete against one another in there own finals so they do not feel left out.

Another suggestion I would have is having a league system rather than running tournaments right away - for example if we have around 8 to 16 teams we could have them all carry out BO1 against one another to determine who stands at the high end of the game and who is not so good. From there you break it down into two separate league tournaments - for lack of names I would say have an amateur cup for the bottom 4 - 8 teams and a masters cup for the higher end players. In the event that a team in the amateur cup does well they will get promoted to the masters league - in the event that a team does badly in a masters cup we could see them relegated into the amateur cup for next time. This provides good balance and caters towards teams of all skills and abilities. Everyone gets to play and everyone get their shot at whatever cups come their way in there specific leagues.

In terms of streaming the events it would depend on what you go with - if you are going for a full tournament I think it would be easy enough to stream everyone's BO1 throughout the day - maybe leaving out the ones that could be potentially boring and not worth watching however if you really wanted to you could run separate streams to cover things a lot quicker. I would suggest for commentary and analysis bring on players that are already in the enigma community to talk about the teams, their performance and keep people entertained while the games are being played. This gives us a large pool of people that could cast the games and give useful analysis helping lower skilled of newer players. I people ask for their games not to be covered that obviously saves a lot of work and effort but I would be awesome to see them all covered by the community itself :)

3 - I have already touched on this - I would love casting and I wouldn't even mid doing it myself if you needed someone - for me it would need to be someone else's stream though as my internet would not hold out for a full on stream :). I would not shout cast but I could give analysis and break down what the teams are doing and want to do. As I said grabbing people from the Enigma community would be awesome for this to give players a better insight into the game and how it works.

4 - Depending on the system you choose and the amount of teams available I would say having a combinations of BO1's and BO3's is a great idea. Obviously during will depend on this - I would suggest having at least 8 team compete if we can find that many teams and have a max of 16 but as I said the community may not be that big or that many teams might not exist. In terms of times weekends in terms of days and evenings - people with jobs need to be catered to and obviously these times and days are most accessible - more so than the middle of the week or something silly like that.

5 - 128 tick would be much appreciated but if you can only get a hold of 64 tick then least everyone is one the same playing field - do not allow teams to choose between the two because many issue could be raised from doing that. Make a choice on one or the other but take note on what the people are best cable of playing on - some people's FPS and internet will factor into if they can play on 128 tick or not. Be sure to let people know that if they are going to play on 128 you require a stable 128 FPS, a semi-decent internet connect and last but not least your rates need to be correctly entered into your CS:GO console.

Just to add some bits to what I have already said I would be careful making tournaments BO1's as many high end players do not really feel like it worth playing them. For a trial tournament I guess it could work and be fine as you are just testing the waters however I would avoid it from then on - if you want people to compete then you need to bring something to the table - in this case a tournament they feel is fair and worth taking part in :)

Also I would like to add it would be useful for us to grow the CS:GO community to facilitate the games - finding and organising teams is a pain in the back side and finding teams that are willing to play and follow the rules can be a tough ordeal...however if you know of any teams that would like to use Enigmas gaming services for communication I would highly encourage you to invite them here and let them know that community tournaments will be taking place soon. Having more teams means more varied skill and more entertainment for everyone. It would also be a lot more beneficial to the community because no one wants to see loads of silver teams getting crushed by one high level team that always wins the tournament.

I think a csgo tournament sounds great. It might be better to start it with a league play then lead into a knockout stage. For it being streamed, i think that is an amazing idea and I would love to cast something like this. I have knowledge of all the maps and their callouts, spots, etc on the active duty group and ive always wanted to cast csgo or league of legends.

I would just like to clarify that we will NOT be doing any other format over than B01 for our first tournament, as this is our first tournament doing a different layout will make things just as difficult to plan and ensure it runs well.