itsJayknee

CPU help

I kinda think I need a new CPU - the one I'm using is like bare minimum and since I finally have a job and I'm raking in all the money (sorta) I could use some help with picking one since it's not really my area of expertise. 

I don't need amazingly crazy stuff, my budget is probably around £400 - is that even enough to get a decent one? If you could recommend a few that'd be great!

Could really use the help, thanks ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

Firstly, check it's socket e.g. LGA 1150 

Then get one that's preferably at least an i-5 quad core 4th gen at 3gHz i'd say are minimum requirements really for an intel CPU at least.

See what other's say too, any extra info you get and/or decisions you're making, let me know if you want any extra advice :D 

Note: It basically needs to be compatible to work with your motherboard, both so it physically fits into the slot but also is a generation of CPU that is compatible with the mother board :) 

Edited by Rallbot

3 hours ago, Rallbot said:

See what other's say too, any extra info you get and/or decisions you're making, let me know if you want any extra advice :D 

Note: It basically needs to be compatible to work with your motherboard, both so it physically fits into the slot but also is a generation of CPU that is compatible with the mother board :) 

I was also thinking of getting a new motherboard that's compatible as well but I'm not sure (prices and stuff) - let me check my specs like Patrick said. 

I feel embarrassed to share my specs... my dad just bought the parts I just stuck em together - you know what can you tell me what I should really replace, pretend I don't have a budget.

Should I just build a new PC..?

CPU: Intel Pentium G3220
GPU: AMD HD 7770
SSD: Intel 330 Series 60GB 
HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F2 1TB 
RAM: Unknown Team-Elite-1333 1302 PSD32G13332 6GB 
MBD: Asus H81M-PLUS

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, itsJayknee said:

Haha OK! - now I need help again

What are you after?

Budget etc? 

On 2017-5-16 at 21:57, itsJayknee said:

Nothing too crazy, I want a decent set up that's over average.

I'm not sure how much everything will cost soooo keep it under 1k??

Are you after pre-built or self built?