Patrick

Points System - Wipe & Beta Status

Hey,

So I'm happy with the points system, gambling and gifting features so these will be moving from Beta to full release. The red warning at the top of the page will be removed.

Due to this I'm going to be performing a wipe on every user, this will include points, gambles, trades, stocks etc. I know some people are going to be upset, pissed and angry at me for resetting their points. I understand why you're going to be annoyed but this is essential for me to do. 

The main reason this reset is coming is due to how overly generous the stocks system was, to counter this I've tweaked them heavily by introducing caps on how many stocks can be owned in total and introducing a "capital gains tax" of 15%. This means that if you buy/sell to store points to lower your minimum bet amount, you will have to pay 15% when you sell them.

As you can see in this image, it clearly states the maximum amount in brackets.

chrome_2017-04-05_13-57-17.png

If you have any questions, please post below.

• Like 2

Well i'm happy to see it move into a full release, also the removal of points would be necessary as there were a good few people just getting an obscene amount of points 0.o

Look forward to getting my points back up again ;) 

Good work @Patrick  :D 

5 minutes ago, Rallbot said:

Well i'm happy to see it move into a full release, also the removal of points would be necessary as there were a good few people just getting an obscene amount of points 0.o

Look forward to getting my points back up again ;) 

Good work @Patrick  :D 

I believe that most people got insane amount of points due to the stocks system, hence the rework. 

• Like 1

Gbnf my points, here we go again. I can see why it was a bit too generous tho, hitting the 2^63 limit was a bit much and there was almost an exponential growth as you got more and more points and could just buy more and more stocks with no cap.

Wat.gif

16 minutes ago, That Bloke said:

Gbnf my points, here we go again. I can see why it was a bit too generous tho, hitting the 2^63 limit was a bit much and there was almost an exponential growth as you got more and more points and could just buy more and more stocks with no cap.

Wat.gif

Yes, we hit the signed 64bit integer limit due to stocks. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9223372036854775807

I'll implement a cap so that if you get too close you cannot purchase/sell stocks or gamble. 

Since reset 2,901 bets have already been placed. 

7 hours ago, Patrick said:

I believe that most people got insane amount of points due to the stocks system, hence the rework. 

Of course they will though, you just gotta live with it eh, they'll get it back before long anyway so :3

9 hours ago, Rallbot said:

Of course they will though, you just gotta live with it eh, they'll get it back before long anyway so :3

Indeed, now the development on the attack & defend system can come. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Patrick said:

Indeed, now the development on the attack & defend system can come. 

Yes!! :D 

see Pat, this is why you're great :3 

I do have some ideas for the attack and defence system that I'll write up soon, though if anything they're later additions :) 

Just now, Rallbot said:

Yes!! :D 

see Pat, this is why you're great :3 

I do have some ideas for the attack and defence system that I'll write up soon, though if anything they're later additions :) 

Please post any ideas asap before I get serious work done on it. I've made a slight start already.