Patrick

Points System - Feedback Required

Just now, Rallbot said:

Although I understand it makes sense to have diamond as the highest reward, I think that ruby or at least the colour red from ruby should be the highest tier as it reflects the Enigma Gaming logo colour scheme

I appreciate the idea I decided to go with value over colour scheme. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EightGalaxies said:

I really like this points system...

Shame I lost 5000 in double or nothing.

But in all seriousness, this is a cool little system. Good job guys!

Glad you like it! Did you do the feedback? You can get 50,000 points for doing it. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Rallbot said:

Umm, I went off last night, then after coming back on and between then I had made no bets, my points have literally halfed?!

You used multiple UIDs to bet. 

As per our rules this is not allowed so your points were halved.

I even told you that your bot was not allowed to partake in points. 

7 hours ago, Patrick said:

Glad you like it! Did you do the feedback? You can get 50,000 points for doing it. 

Personally, I think the system is great as it currently is.

As you said in an earlier post making it quick to roll eliminates that dreaded limbo while waiting for the result which I like. Maybe remove the point gain from after idling for a set amount of time. Some people may just idle to accumulate points which I personally don't like. 

If I may ask, what is the point in this system since surely you would want to do something that benefits the server? The points have no monetary value, so is it simply to allow people to mess around with without any real consequences? I suppose it provides a nice alternative to real gambling with real risks involved. 

Edited by EightGalaxies

Just now, EightGalaxies said:

If I may ask, what is the point in this system since surely you would want to do something that benefits the server? The points have no monetary value, so is it simply to allow people to mess around with without any real consequences? I suppose it provides a nice alternative to real gambling with real risks involved. 

In the honesty of transparency we do not want points to have any monetary value for legal reasons. It's a very grey area when the currency has a monetary value. You will never be able to directly purchase points.

I have a feature list of things to-do but I'm not at a point where I'm willing to announce when I'm planning to develop, only the senior members of staff have any idea on what this will be. I want these to remain a surprise until they're near ready for use. 

5 minutes ago, Patrick said:

In the honesty of transparency we do not want points to have any monetary value for legal reasons. It's a very grey area when the currency has a monetary value. You will never be able to directly purchase points.

I totally understand. The system right now is working pretty well. I haven't experienced any bugs and am having a fun time with it, although my losses are high probably because I am quite unlucky.

I can't wait to see what other features you implement. I think using points as buy-ins for possible events or server rewards such as poke abilities would be awesome but I will wait and see! :D

Edited by EightGalaxies

Just now, EightGalaxies said:

I totally understand. The system right now is working pretty well. I haven't experienced any bugs and am having a fun time with it, although my losses are high probably because I am quite unlucky.

I can't wait to see what other features you implement. I think using points as buy-ins for possible events or server rewards such as pictures would be awesome but I will wait and see! :D

Stay tuned over the next few months, there's a lot to be done!

11 hours ago, Patrick said:

How do I submit the feedback? Or is the feedback I left here sufficient? 

I appear to be having an issue... I'm trying to buy stocks but it seems to think I'm trying to spend more than I have - which I'm not. You can see the values below. I enter them and it returns a "You do not have this many points" message. It will work if I use lower values but obviously this becomes a bit tiresome when you have to enter 3, 4, 5 different values :/ 

1.jpg

@totalplane

This is because the stocks actually have decimal places in, so the value you're shown is more of an estimate. It's on my to-do list but currently I don't have a solution for an immediate fix.